Monday, July 12, 2010

Fishing-Who knew

Laney and the girls came down this July and it rained nearly everyday they were here. The sun finally broke through so Jarrod offered to take all the kiddos fishing. He went and got lifejackets for Landry and Harper and even picked up a little Spiderman pole for Harper. They all loaded up in the jeep to go to Long Ranch Jarrod, 3 kids, 5 fishing poles, and 1 big ole ice chest. Mom, Laney and I were just going to go out to take a few pictures and then go shopping. Needless to say I was not dressed to go fishing- dress, pearls, cute shoes. We drive up and they are having a blast.
I having been fishing twice so my"casting" skills are poor but o well . We ended up staying and fishing we caught a couple crappies and one or two small bass. I even caught my first fish- in pearls no less! Well that fish wasn't the only thing hooked that day, we went back on Sunday and have been back every weekend since. Jett, Mom and I even went out by ourselves and I caught a pretty good size bass that took about 10 minutes to reel in. Mom got one too, Jett likes reeling in the bait and has discovered if you put chewing gum on the hook perch will eat it off. Thank you Grandpa Long for making such an amazing fishing pier and stocking the lake some 20 years ago. So if anyone wants to come down ,let's go fishing!














No comments: