Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy Weekend

Don't you just love busy weekends, we had so much going on I wish I had the day off today. Saturday morning Jett had a rodeo in Gonzales, he did not do as well this time as he normally does. It was our turn to bring the toys for them to play with while they are waiting and while Jett is going around the first barrel he is looking at the other kids playing with his toys. So needless to say he was not paying attention. He wanted to know why he only got 1 ribbon this time and we explained to him that when we say -pay attention -there is a reason;I think he finally gets it now. He is 5 after all so if you don't say it at least a 100 times he doesn't hear you. Anywho, he still placed 3rd in cloverleaf and should have a chance at year end prizes. Later that day we spent time with Haley while Jarrod fed calves, I have to say I LOVE that Jett still takes naps because I sometimes get to with him, I wish I was 5 again and had them everyday. Saturday night the Campbells invited us over for dinner and fellowship. Beth and Neil always go all out and do an amazing job, Jarrod said the apple and jalapeno crusted pork tenderloin was wonderful!

Sunday we woke at the crack of 8 after such a long day and were off to College Station. Jarrod is fulfilling part of the requirements for the Volunteer Fire Department and that is fire school for a week at A&M, whoop! (for Jarrod). There was a huge expo at Reed Arena and the parking lot surrounding, every kind of fire vehicle was on display. Great big ladder trucks, Life flight helicopters, Rescue boats, and even brush trucks that had tires taller than me. The 5 year old in me was excited so you can imagine what Jett and Jarrod were experiencing. I took a few pictures but the temp was 106, so we did not stay outside very long. More to come later.....




















No comments: